10.27.2009

Throwing out 50 things, part 2

My quest to throw out 50 things continues. In Part 1, I listed my first 20. Last weekend I delivered another load of donations, this time to the Habitat for Humanity "General Store", which accepts and sells not only building materials, but also a wide range of "housewares". And of course, I continue to make donations to my trash can. Herewith the next 15 on my list.

As before, if not otherwise indicated, the destination was the trash.

  1. Plastic paint roller tray with sticky sludge and mold growing it
  2. Styrofoam shipping cooler
  3. Clip-on lamp with a loose connection
  4. Travel water-pick
  5. Most of a box of supplies for making dollhouse minatures
  6. Small (5 cu ft) freezer (sold!)
  7. 3 boxes miscellaneous housewares (donate)
  8. Paper shredder (donate)
  9. Toaster oven (donate)
  10. CD/DVD rack (donate)
  11. Set of enameled metal canisters (donate)
  12. Battery-powered Dustbuster (donate)
  13. Twin window fan (donate)
  14. Easy-Set swimming pool, never out of the box (donate)
  15. 2 fake pine Christmas garlands (donate)
These first 35 "things" represent a huge volume of junk leaving my house. Only 15 more "things" to go! But who am I kidding — I could come up with at least another 50 things beyond that, that need to go away just as much as the first 50. And that's exactly what I need to do to get my clutter under control.

No comments: