4.03.2011

Slow start

Not making much progress yet on starting on the myriad of projects I have to do. None, to be precise. While everyone around me at work was being felled by all the cold and flu bugs going around, I somehow managed to avoid contracting anything myself. Until last week.

Monday I felt the first stirrings of a cold – stuffy nose, scratchy throat. Tuesday it was gaining a definite foothold, with the beginnings of a cough and aching all over. Things went downhill from there, to the point that I would assuredly have called in sick on Thursday, had it not been my last day on the job with the absolute necessity to formally "check out" and relinquish my building badge and ID card. Since then I've been coughing and hacking, dosing with NyQuil, and taking full advantage of not having to go anywhere or do anything.

But I think I'm detecting improvement at last, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be ready to start in on all my projects. The only question is, where to start? Maybe by storing away all the office accoutrements I brought home that are still sitting where I dropped them in the living room. Yeah, that might be the thing.

No comments: