7.02.2005

An Evening at Busch Gardens

Too tired to write much. There's nothing like keeping up with a four-year-old at a theme park to remind me I'm not as young as I was once. Of course, he got in a nap on the drive to the park, and then slept most of the way home, too. But we had fun. Random observations:

  • I last rode the log flume 32 years ago. It's just as wet as I remember it.
  • BBQ chicken at the Trapper's Smokehouse. Mmm good. And chocolate cake that's to die for.
  • My main gripe with the food: no Coke. It's strictly a Pepsi venue.
  • Never before have I seen an animal show with such a variety of dogs, cats, parrots, geese, and one large pig.
  • I'm not a roller coaster person. The flying dragon ride is about my speed. John went on it with me to show me how to work the controls. We rode in a green dragon this time.
  • The Curse of DarKastle castle looks very impressive. Maybe someday I'll take the ride. But not today.
Next time I want to ride the train.

No comments: